Shana' Experience With Argan oil

I had a bad hair experience two days ago. I was visiting my boyfriends mother in Phoenix. She used to be a hairdresser and I asked her if she would mind touching up my roots. I am a natural brunette and have blonde highlights and a lighter base color. We bought all of the stuff at Sally and when she was done with the process the roots were orange as was some orange streaks in the length. She thought maybe one more process would lighten them so she did it again, still orange. It was awful. I almost cried and told her just to put a single process chemical free dye on it and that would be that although I didn't want to go dark I had no choice, I wasn't putting anymore chemicals on my hair. Long story short, she has a friend who is a hairdresser and she took me to her salon (she "knows an emergency when she hears one") and put a gentle violet based red allover and foiled some highlights.

She also used argan oil and gave me several little packets to try. She told me my hair was still very healthy after all it went through but I do really like the oil. Is it good stuff? Will it help my hair recover? Is it good for routine maintenance? I know nothing about this stuff. Thank you. read more...

0 comments: